INT. RAYNES KITCHEN - MORNING
Thad is seated at the table. He is reading through a magazine of some kind. Scott enters the scene. He notices Thad at the table, but says nothing. He grabs a mug from the counter, checks it to make sure it is clean, and then walks over to the coffee maker.
He reacts with relief when he realizes the coffee is fresh and pours a cup. He sips at it carefully and then begins to rummage for something to eat.
Scott freezes for a moment.
Scott looks away quickly.
There is a lengthy awkward pause. Scott starts to rummage around for something to eat.
Thad's expression reflects sharper emotions than his words convey.
Scott looks like he wants to argue, but decides to keep silent.
Scott's eyes narrow as he stares at Thad.
Scott stares at Thad for a moment and then down toward the ground, his expression trying to mask his swirling emotions.
DISSOLVE TO:
Thad is seated at the table. He is reading through a magazine of some kind. Scott enters the scene. He notices Thad at the table, but says nothing. He grabs a mug from the counter, checks it to make sure it is clean, and then walks over to the coffee maker.
He reacts with relief when he realizes the coffee is fresh and pours a cup. He sips at it carefully and then begins to rummage for something to eat.
THAD
(without looking)
You're up late.
SCOTT
Late for what?
THAD
Just late . . . for you.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
Overslept. Rough night.
THAD
Must have been some nightmares.
(without looking)
You're up late.
SCOTT
Late for what?
THAD
Just late . . . for you.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
Overslept. Rough night.
THAD
Must have been some nightmares.
Scott freezes for a moment.
SCOTT
Why do you say that?
THAD
(finally looks at Scott)
I could hear you.
Why do you say that?
THAD
(finally looks at Scott)
I could hear you.
Scott looks away quickly.
There is a lengthy awkward pause. Scott starts to rummage around for something to eat.
THAD
(evenly)
I'd be the last one to give you advice about women, Scott.
SCOTT
(faint laugh)
No you wouldn't.
THAD
(clearly not amused)
Okay. Then advice about this woman.
(evenly)
I'd be the last one to give you advice about women, Scott.
SCOTT
(faint laugh)
No you wouldn't.
THAD
(clearly not amused)
Okay. Then advice about this woman.
Thad's expression reflects sharper emotions than his words convey.
SCOTT
(calm, but sharply)
What the hell do you have against her anyway? (stares at Thad) You can't stand that I've found someone who actually makes me happy.
THAD
For now.
SCOTT
What do you mean?
THAD
You know what I mean. You just don't want to admit it.
SCOTT
(with suppressed anger)
Admit what?
THAD
Fine. Act stupid if you want. I'm not the one who's going to get hurt.
(calm, but sharply)
What the hell do you have against her anyway? (stares at Thad) You can't stand that I've found someone who actually makes me happy.
THAD
For now.
SCOTT
What do you mean?
THAD
You know what I mean. You just don't want to admit it.
SCOTT
(with suppressed anger)
Admit what?
THAD
Fine. Act stupid if you want. I'm not the one who's going to get hurt.
Scott looks like he wants to argue, but decides to keep silent.
THAD (CONT'D)
I don't know what she tells you after she's screwed you, but in the end, you're going to lose.
I don't know what she tells you after she's screwed you, but in the end, you're going to lose.
Scott's eyes narrow as he stares at Thad.
THAD (CONT'D)
You can't tell me that you really believe that when it comes time that she'll choose you over her crew?
You can't tell me that you really believe that when it comes time that she'll choose you over her crew?
Scott stares at Thad for a moment and then down toward the ground, his expression trying to mask his swirling emotions.
DISSOLVE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment