Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

"Pilot": 08-08-08

EXT. STREET OUTSIDE RAYNES HOME – NIGHT

A cab is parked at the curb outside the house.

CUT TO:

INT. CAB - NIGHT

Thad and Elizabeth are in the back seat, sitting close together. They are talking. They smile and laugh quietly. Suddenly, it grows quiet and Thad's expression gets serious.

THAD
Elizabeth.

Elizabeth looks at Thad. Her expression shows some concern.

ELIZABETH
Yes?

THAD
I . . . (frowns)

Thad quickly leans forward and kisses Elizabeth. It begins as something nice and gentle. Very quickly, they are kissing each other thoroughly.

After several moments, they separate, somewhat breathless.

THAD (CONT'D)
(grins)
I guess that answers my question.

ELIZABETH
(smiles)
Ask it anyway.

THAD
No. I don't want to spoil it now.

Elizabeth laughs. A moment passes.

ELIZABETH
I really should get home.

Thad looks at her, almost staring.

THAD
Yeah, I guess so.

Thad leans over and kisses her again. It is not quite a chaste kiss, but certainly less energetic than the previous one. As he moves away, Elizabeth smiles at him.

Thad climbs out of the cab. He holds the door open for a long moment, staring inside at Elizabeth. She smiles back at him and waves slightly. Thad smiles back and closes the door. Thad turns and heads up the walkway to the front door.

CUT TO:

INT. RAYNES COMMON ROOM – NIGHT

Medium shot of the room.

Scott is seated in one of the chairs, reading by the light of a single lamp.

We hear the door open.

Thad enters and closes the door.

THAD
(amused)
You're awake!

SCOTT
(mildly)
You're late.

THAD
Didn't want the evening to end.

SCOTT
(laughs quietly)
Well, since you usually only get one shot, I can see why.

THAD
Actually, I was with Elizabeth.

SCOTT
(mild surprise)
Again? That's like . . . three times.

THAD
Four.

SCOTT
(quietly)
Wow . . .

THAD
Yeah, I'm a little surprised myself.

SCOTT
And her father hasn't called once.

THAD
(smiles distractedly)
Yeah. (beat) I don't know, bro. There's something different about her.

SCOTT
I guess so. When do I get to meet her?

THAD
(grins)
Someday.

SCOTT
Uh huh.

THAD
(more seriously)
Seriously, bro. This is . . . different. We haven't even . . .

SCOTT
(raises his hand)
Don't. I don't want to know.

THAD
But we haven't.

SCOTT
(more than mildly surprised)
You haven't?

THAD
(shakes head)
Doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. But, well, it doesn't seem like it's time yet.

Scott is struck speechless.

The brothers sit in silence for a moment. Thad yawns. After a moment, Scott closes his book.

SCOTT
Exactly. Way too late.

THAD
(mock innocence)
Too late for what?

Scott rolls his eyes and stands up. He turns off the light, leaving Thad in the dark. We hear Thad laugh as his shadow moves into the hallway.

FADE TO:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger