INT. RAYNES COMMON AREA – NIGHT
Thad, Scott, Devereux, and Elizabeth are situated around the main room. Scott is sitting on the couch. Thad stands to one side, his armed crossed over his chest. Elizabeth sits alone in one of the chairs. Devereux stands, having completed her explanation.
Thad glares at Elizabeth. Elizabeth tries to hold his gaze, but turns away.
Scott looks like he is ready to say something, but thinks better of it. Scott looks over toward Devereux. Her expression is somewhat apologetic and troubled.
Medium shot showing Devereux. She is growing visibly uncomfortable with the course of the conversation.
Thad rises and takes a few steps closer to Elizabeth.
Thad turns and exits, loudly.
Reaction shot of Elizabeth. She is close to tears.
Wider shot of Devereux, Scott, and Elizabeth.
Devereux looks sympathetically at Elizabeth, but does not go to her.
DISSOLVE TO:
INT. HALLWAY - NIGHT
Thad storms down the hallway. Passing through the apartment, he grabs his keys and heads out the front door.
He is about halfway down the walkway when he sees someone coming up the path: Kendra. She stops, seeing that he is clearly upset.
Kendra stares him down. Thad reluctantly hands over the keys.
DISSOLVE TO:
Thad, Scott, Devereux, and Elizabeth are situated around the main room. Scott is sitting on the couch. Thad stands to one side, his armed crossed over his chest. Elizabeth sits alone in one of the chairs. Devereux stands, having completed her explanation.
THAD
So, let me get this straight. The girl I've been ready to commit monogamy for is actually a space cadet from some kind of alternate future?
So, let me get this straight. The girl I've been ready to commit monogamy for is actually a space cadet from some kind of alternate future?
Thad glares at Elizabeth. Elizabeth tries to hold his gaze, but turns away.
THAD (CONT'D)
(hotly)
You'll forgive me for being more than just a little pissed off, okay?
(hotly)
You'll forgive me for being more than just a little pissed off, okay?
Scott looks like he is ready to say something, but thinks better of it. Scott looks over toward Devereux. Her expression is somewhat apologetic and troubled.
THAD (CONT'D)
(catches the glance, almost snarls)
This must be a dream come true for you, Scott.
SCOTT
Thad . . . I didn't know either. (looks at Devereux again)
THAD
(angrily)
Oh yeah? Well, you must be loving it. All your best sci-fi wet dreams come true . . .
SCOTT
(with barely restrained anger)
Thad. Stop it.
THAD
Or what? You'll have your new futuristic girlfriend here blast me with her laser gun?
(catches the glance, almost snarls)
This must be a dream come true for you, Scott.
SCOTT
Thad . . . I didn't know either. (looks at Devereux again)
THAD
(angrily)
Oh yeah? Well, you must be loving it. All your best sci-fi wet dreams come true . . .
SCOTT
(with barely restrained anger)
Thad. Stop it.
THAD
Or what? You'll have your new futuristic girlfriend here blast me with her laser gun?
Medium shot showing Devereux. She is growing visibly uncomfortable with the course of the conversation.
DEVEREUX
Thad . . . none of this quite happened the way it was supposed to.
THAD
(glares at Devereux and then at Elizabeth)
Oh? The whole seduction thing is just the way it is in the future?
ELIZABETH
Thad, it wasn't like that at all. (glances at Devereux)
DEVEREUX
(looks at Elizabeth)
I wasn't aware of the entire situation . . . until now.
THAD
(rude snort)
Some captain you are.
DEVEREUX
(looks at Thad, calmly)
I deserve that. (looks over at Elizabeth) And we both probably deserve your anger. But we need to get past this. Soon.
Thad . . . none of this quite happened the way it was supposed to.
THAD
(glares at Devereux and then at Elizabeth)
Oh? The whole seduction thing is just the way it is in the future?
ELIZABETH
Thad, it wasn't like that at all. (glances at Devereux)
DEVEREUX
(looks at Elizabeth)
I wasn't aware of the entire situation . . . until now.
THAD
(rude snort)
Some captain you are.
DEVEREUX
(looks at Thad, calmly)
I deserve that. (looks over at Elizabeth) And we both probably deserve your anger. But we need to get past this. Soon.
Thad rises and takes a few steps closer to Elizabeth.
THAD
(coldly)
I can't believe I was ready to sleep with you.
(coldly)
I can't believe I was ready to sleep with you.
Thad turns and exits, loudly.
Reaction shot of Elizabeth. She is close to tears.
Wider shot of Devereux, Scott, and Elizabeth.
Devereux looks sympathetically at Elizabeth, but does not go to her.
SCOTT
(sighs)
I'll talk to him. (looks at the door) Later.
(sighs)
I'll talk to him. (looks at the door) Later.
DISSOLVE TO:
INT. HALLWAY - NIGHT
Thad storms down the hallway. Passing through the apartment, he grabs his keys and heads out the front door.
He is about halfway down the walkway when he sees someone coming up the path: Kendra. She stops, seeing that he is clearly upset.
KENDRA
Thad? What's wrong?
THAD
(sharply)
Nothing. (beat) Want to go to the club?
KENDRA
(tentatively)
Sure. (tentative smile) I actually came by to see if you might be going . . .
THAD
Good.
KENDRA
(cautiously)
Thad?
THAD
Yeah?
KENDRA
(holds out her hand)
I think I'd better drive.
THAD
(clenches fist over keys)
I haven't been drinking. Yet.
Thad? What's wrong?
THAD
(sharply)
Nothing. (beat) Want to go to the club?
KENDRA
(tentatively)
Sure. (tentative smile) I actually came by to see if you might be going . . .
THAD
Good.
KENDRA
(cautiously)
Thad?
THAD
Yeah?
KENDRA
(holds out her hand)
I think I'd better drive.
THAD
(clenches fist over keys)
I haven't been drinking. Yet.
Kendra stares him down. Thad reluctantly hands over the keys.
THAD (CONT'D)
Fine. But you buy the first round.
KENDRA
(smiles)
Fair enough.
Fine. But you buy the first round.
KENDRA
(smiles)
Fair enough.
DISSOLVE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment