Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Pilot": 09-06-08

INT. RAYNES COMMON ROOM – NIGHT

Devereux, Scott, and Elizabeth are in the main room. Elizabeth is still in the chair. Scott is seated on the couch. Devereux is standing between the two of them.

Devereux frowns and looks at the door.

SCOTT
It's okay. I don't think he'll tell anyone.

DEVEREUX
(chuckles quietly)
Who would believe him?

SCOTT
(seriously)
I don't know.

There is a long moment of silence before anyone speaks.

SCOTT
So now what? (glances at Elizabeth) Did she find out what she needed?

DEVEREUX
(to Elizabeth)
Did you manage to finish?

ELIZABETH
(nods slowly)
Mostly. Enough to start with anyway.

Scott looks at Elizabeth and frowns.

SCOTT
I apologize. That was incredibly rude.

Elizabeth gives him a puzzled expression.

SCOTT
(with a faint smile)
I don't think we've been formally introduced . . . but then I guess we don't need to be.

Elizabeth gives Scott a quick, fading smile.

Devereux straightens.

DEVEREUX
I think we've done enough for today. We can continue this tomorrow.

SCOTT
(quickly)
Why? (beat) I don't think I could sleep right now anyway.

Devereux studies Scott for a moment.

DEVEREUX
Are you sure?

SCOTT
(nods)
Yeah. (smiles) And there's always coffee.

Devereux laughs, waiting while Scott rises from the couch.

DISSOLVE TO:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger