Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Emerald Flight: "Rules of Engagement" (continued)

Hope stares at the console for a long moment.

HOPE

No. (beat) It no longer lives.

Rusty looks away in exasperation.

RUSTY

Is it me? Or is there some reason that everyone feels the need to state the obvious?

Elizabeth starts the smile and then stops.

ELIZABETH

Chief, I don’t think that’s what she means.

RUSTY

I think she does, Lizzie. It’s definitely not working any more.

Elizabeth seems to ignore Rusty.

ELIZABETH

Hope? What did you mean?

Hope stares at Elizabeth.

CUT TO:

97. INT. BRIDGE

Hawkes is at the Tactical station.

HAWKES

Captain, I’m receiving a report from the survey team that you directed to the aft section.

Devereux looks up from her station with mild surprise.

DEVEREUX

Let’s hear it.

Hawkes operates controls at his station.

HAWKES

This is the Bridge. The Captain is listening. Proceed with your report.

DEMARCO’S COMM VOICE

I think we’ve found something, Captain.

DEVEREUX

More bodies?

DEMARCO’S COMM VOICE

No, Captain. (beat) There seems to be a lot of equipment in here, though. I don’t recognize any of it, though. It could be Engineering, Weapons Controls . . . or their Galley, for all I know.

DEVEREUX
(to Hawkes)

Bring it up.

The images on one of the main bridge displays changes to that of a large dark chamber. Pieces of large equipment are evident in the light from the helmet spotlights.

Devereux studies the images for several moments before turning toward Hawkes.

Hawkes shakes his head, indicating that he does not know what the objects are either.

DEVEREUX (CONT’D)

Lieutenant, transmit these images to Hope. See if she recognizes anything.

HAWKES

Yes, Captain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger