CUT TO:
98. INT. ALIEN VESSEL - COMMAND CENTER
DEVEREUX’S COMM VOICE
Hope, one of the other survey teams found something. I’m having Lieutenant Hawkes bounce the transmission on to you to see if you recognize anything.
HOPE
Acknowledged. (beat) I wait.
Hope stiffens slightly as she receives the transmissions from Hawkes.
RUSTY
Hey, Doc. Everything okay?
There is a long pause before Hope answers.
HOPE
Main Weapons Control. Aft.
ELIZABETH
(puzzled)
You remembered what this station does?
Hope turns to stare at Elizabeth.
HOPE
No.
RUSTY
One of the other teams found another big room. That must be what she’s talking about.
HOPE
Yes.
RUSTY
Well that sounds a lot more interesting than snooping around here collecting feathers from dead guys. (beat) Lizzie, you and Hope can stay here and keep checking out this place. We’ll go see how big the guns are this thing has.
ELIZABETH
The Captain ordered no one is supposed to head out with an armed escort.
RUSTY
Aruna, you carrying her sidearm?
ARUNA
Yes, sir.
RUSTY
You know how to fire it?
ARUNA
(hesitates)
Yes, sir.
RUSTY
Good. (to Elizabeth) Tsu-tao can stay here with you then. (gives Elizabeth a tight grin) I know you know how to handle a weapon.
Elizabeth stares back at Rusty. She is clearly not happy with his decision.
ELIZABETH
(flatly)
I’ll inform the Captain.
RUSTY
Nah. I’ll do it. (beat) Bridge, we’re heading over to check out that Weapons Control section. (half-beat) Well, Lizzie and Hope are staying here. Tsu-tao’ll guard ‘em. Aruna’s with me.
CUT TO:
99. INT. BRIDGE
Reaction shot of Devereux. She is thinking this over.
DEVEREUX
Understood. (beat) Keep your comm line open until you arrive.
CUT TO:
100. INT. ALIEN VESSEL - COMMAND CENTER
Rusty gives Elizabeth a smug look. Elizabeth gives a visible sigh.
RUSTY
Yes, Cap’n. We’ll be good. (to Elizabeth, more seriously) I’ll let you know if we find anything interesting.
ELIZABETH
Be careful, Chief.
RUSTY
(grins)
Aren’t I always?
ELIZABETH
No.
Rusty chuckles.
RUSTY
(to Aruna)
Let’s go. This place is a little short on live bellhops, so you’ll have to carry your own luggage.
ARUNA
(tries not smile)
Yes, sir.
RUSTY
(to the others)
Try not to miss us too much.
ELIZABETH
Keep your line open.
RUSTY
(smiles)
You really do sound like the Cap’n.
Rusty and Aruna exit.
Elizabeth stands, watching them leave. There is a long silence.
TSU-TAO
Orders, sir?
Elizabeth looks over at Tsu-tao.
ELIZABETH
Survey and record the rest of this area, I guess. Maybe we’ll figure out how some of it worked.
TSU-TAO
Yes, sir.
Elizabeth and Tsu-tao gather their equipment.
ELIZABETH
Hope? Are you with us?
HOPE
Yes.
Elizabeth, Tsu-tao, and Hope move further into the darkness of the Command Center.
0 comments:
Post a Comment