INT. RAYNES LAB - DAY
Thad is working on something on one of the workbenches when Scott enters.
Thad chuckles at his own rhyme.
Thad looks at Scott, realizing he is not entirely paying attention.
Thad makes quiet "tsk, tsk" noises.
Scott gives Thad a look.
Scott glares at Thad.
Scott shakes his head, rolling his eyes slightly.
Scott shoots another look at Thad.
Scott glares at Thad and exits into the hallway.
Thad smiles, chuckling to himself and goes back to work.
FADE TO:
Thad is working on something on one of the workbenches when Scott enters.
THAD
(smiles)
Hey, bro. Have a nice tea with Lady P?
(smiles)
Hey, bro. Have a nice tea with Lady P?
Thad chuckles at his own rhyme.
SCOTT
(distractedly)
Yeah. It was nice.
(distractedly)
Yeah. It was nice.
Thad looks at Scott, realizing he is not entirely paying attention.
THAD
(mild concern)
Something wrong? (beat) She couldn't wait on the rent?
SCOTT
What? (beat) Oh. No, she said that was fine.
THAD
Then what? Something's up.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
Nothing really. Lady P just had some other guests over as well. Some new tenants of hers, she said.
THAD
(grins)
Oh? Were they cute?
SCOTT
(blushing slightly)
Well, actually . . .
THAD
(grins)
Which one?
SCOTT
Huh? (beat) Oh, there were three of them.
THAD
And they were all cute.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
I guess. (beat) There was one . . .
THAD
Yeah . . . ?
SCOTT
She seemed a little older, but I wasn't sure. She had short blonde hair and green eyes. There was just something about her . . .
THAD
(smiles knowingly)
Apparently. Did you get her name?
SCOTT
Yeah. Christine.
THAD
And her number?
SCOTT
(slightly embarrassed)
Actually . . . no.
(mild concern)
Something wrong? (beat) She couldn't wait on the rent?
SCOTT
What? (beat) Oh. No, she said that was fine.
THAD
Then what? Something's up.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
Nothing really. Lady P just had some other guests over as well. Some new tenants of hers, she said.
THAD
(grins)
Oh? Were they cute?
SCOTT
(blushing slightly)
Well, actually . . .
THAD
(grins)
Which one?
SCOTT
Huh? (beat) Oh, there were three of them.
THAD
And they were all cute.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
I guess. (beat) There was one . . .
THAD
Yeah . . . ?
SCOTT
She seemed a little older, but I wasn't sure. She had short blonde hair and green eyes. There was just something about her . . .
THAD
(smiles knowingly)
Apparently. Did you get her name?
SCOTT
Yeah. Christine.
THAD
And her number?
SCOTT
(slightly embarrassed)
Actually . . . no.
Thad makes quiet "tsk, tsk" noises.
THAD
Bro, haven't I taught you anything?
Bro, haven't I taught you anything?
Scott gives Thad a look.
THAD (CONT'D)
(grins)
Going to try to see her again?
SCOTT
(shrugs)
I don't know. They're renting the upstairs part of Lady P's house, so I guess I'll see her around.
THAD
(rolls eyes)
You "guess"? That doesn't sound like much of an effort.
SCOTT
(a bit sharply)
I just met her. (quieter) She might have a boyfriend or something.
THAD
Or maybe a girlfriend.
(grins)
Going to try to see her again?
SCOTT
(shrugs)
I don't know. They're renting the upstairs part of Lady P's house, so I guess I'll see her around.
THAD
(rolls eyes)
You "guess"? That doesn't sound like much of an effort.
SCOTT
(a bit sharply)
I just met her. (quieter) She might have a boyfriend or something.
THAD
Or maybe a girlfriend.
Scott glares at Thad.
THAD (CONT'D)
(shrugs)
You said she was rooming with two other girls . . .
(shrugs)
You said she was rooming with two other girls . . .
Scott shakes his head, rolling his eyes slightly.
THAD (CONT'D)
(mock indignation)
What? Like you've never thought about it . . .
(mock indignation)
What? Like you've never thought about it . . .
Scott shoots another look at Thad.
SCOTT
I'm going to my room.
THAD
(grinning)
I'll bet you are.
SCOTT
(firmly)
To read.
THAD
Uh huh. (grins) Don't stain the sheets.
I'm going to my room.
THAD
(grinning)
I'll bet you are.
SCOTT
(firmly)
To read.
THAD
Uh huh. (grins) Don't stain the sheets.
Scott glares at Thad and exits into the hallway.
Thad smiles, chuckling to himself and goes back to work.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment