INT. DEVEREUX'S APARTMENT - DAY
Devereux, Elizabeth, and Janusae enter. Hope is seated at the small desk studying a tablet. As soon as the door closes behind them, Devereux stops, appearing somewhat shocked.
Hope looks at each of the others in turn.
Devereux looks speechless, unsure how to react.
Devereux looks at Hope for a moment, trying to decide how to explain the situation.
Hope looks toward Devereux, who nods slowly.
Elizabeth shoots Janusae a sharp look. Janusae responds with a small shrug, her smile diminishing only slightly.
Devereux looks at Hope.
Reaction shot of Devereux as she considers this.
FADE TO:
Devereux, Elizabeth, and Janusae enter. Hope is seated at the small desk studying a tablet. As soon as the door closes behind them, Devereux stops, appearing somewhat shocked.
DEVEREUX
That was, um . . . unexpected.
JANUSAE
(grinning)
Amazing, wasn't it?
ELIZABETH
(almost breathless)
Yeah . . .
That was, um . . . unexpected.
JANUSAE
(grinning)
Amazing, wasn't it?
ELIZABETH
(almost breathless)
Yeah . . .
Hope looks at each of the others in turn.
HOPE
You encountered difficulties?
You encountered difficulties?
Devereux looks speechless, unsure how to react.
ELIZABETH
Not exactly, Hope.
HOPE
Explain.
Not exactly, Hope.
HOPE
Explain.
Devereux looks at Hope for a moment, trying to decide how to explain the situation.
DEVEREUX
Well, we've solved the problem on how to contact Scott.
HOPE
Significant progress.
JANUSAE
(smiles happily)
He was at tea, Hope. Providence invited him too.
Well, we've solved the problem on how to contact Scott.
HOPE
Significant progress.
JANUSAE
(smiles happily)
He was at tea, Hope. Providence invited him too.
Hope looks toward Devereux, who nods slowly.
HOPE
Interesting.
DEVEREUX
(frowns)
I suppose so. I might also add "unsettling".
ELIZABETH
Why's that?
DEVEREUX
(looks toward doorway)
I don't believe in coincidences.
HOPE
You have approached him?
DEVEREUX
Not exactly. It didn't seem like the right time.
HOPE
When is?
DEVEREUX
(frowns)
I don't know yet. (beat) And we need to find out where his brother is.
ELIZABETH
(thoughtful)
Did anyone notice something strange about that?
JANUSAE
About what? Thad wasn't there. (smiles) Imagine if he was . . .
ELIZABETH
But he was. Kind of.
DEVEREUX
(puzzled)
What do you mean?
ELIZABETH
(nods toward Janusae)
I'm not sure, really. Scott seemed . . . different than I expected.
DEVEREUX
(smiles understandingly)
Well, history doesn't always quite capture the "real" person.
ELIZABETH
(frowns)
Yeah, maybe. (shrugs slightly) I just expected him to be a bit more--I don't know--outgoing and . . .
JANUSAE
Flirty?
Interesting.
DEVEREUX
(frowns)
I suppose so. I might also add "unsettling".
ELIZABETH
Why's that?
DEVEREUX
(looks toward doorway)
I don't believe in coincidences.
HOPE
You have approached him?
DEVEREUX
Not exactly. It didn't seem like the right time.
HOPE
When is?
DEVEREUX
(frowns)
I don't know yet. (beat) And we need to find out where his brother is.
ELIZABETH
(thoughtful)
Did anyone notice something strange about that?
JANUSAE
About what? Thad wasn't there. (smiles) Imagine if he was . . .
ELIZABETH
But he was. Kind of.
DEVEREUX
(puzzled)
What do you mean?
ELIZABETH
(nods toward Janusae)
I'm not sure, really. Scott seemed . . . different than I expected.
DEVEREUX
(smiles understandingly)
Well, history doesn't always quite capture the "real" person.
ELIZABETH
(frowns)
Yeah, maybe. (shrugs slightly) I just expected him to be a bit more--I don't know--outgoing and . . .
JANUSAE
Flirty?
Elizabeth shoots Janusae a sharp look. Janusae responds with a small shrug, her smile diminishing only slightly.
DEVEREUX
(nods)
That's right. (looks at Janusae) Was there a mixup in your report?
JANUSAE
(frowns)
I don't think so, Capt . . .
HOPE
Her report was correct.
(nods)
That's right. (looks at Janusae) Was there a mixup in your report?
JANUSAE
(frowns)
I don't think so, Capt . . .
HOPE
Her report was correct.
Devereux looks at Hope.
DEVEREUX
(hesitantly)
Then the records are off. It was more than a century ago.
HOPE
Unlikely. Their lives are well-documented.
DEVEREUX
(nods)
Yeah, they are. (frowns) There must be an explanation. (takes a long breath) We're basing all this on a single--and unexpected--encounter with Scott. Our own perceptions might be skewed because of that.
HOPE
Perhaps.
ELIZABETH
There is a way to know for sure, Captain.
DEVEREUX
(looks toward Elizabeth)
What's that?
ELIZABETH
Find Thad.
(hesitantly)
Then the records are off. It was more than a century ago.
HOPE
Unlikely. Their lives are well-documented.
DEVEREUX
(nods)
Yeah, they are. (frowns) There must be an explanation. (takes a long breath) We're basing all this on a single--and unexpected--encounter with Scott. Our own perceptions might be skewed because of that.
HOPE
Perhaps.
ELIZABETH
There is a way to know for sure, Captain.
DEVEREUX
(looks toward Elizabeth)
What's that?
ELIZABETH
Find Thad.
Reaction shot of Devereux as she considers this.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment