INT. NIGHTCLUB – NIGHT
Thad is seated at a table alone, drinking something out of a medium-sized glass. He looks around the club with mild interest, but his thoughts are obviously elsewhere.
From behind comes a female figure clad in something dark and stylish. As she comes closer, it becomes clear that it is Kendra. Her face brightens as she notices Thad. She seats herself across from him with waiting for an invitation.
Kendra reaches for Thad's drink, sniffs at it, and then takes a healthy swallow.
Thad seems to finally focus on her presence. His eyes notice her outfit and he smiles approvingly. Kendra smiles back, but her eyes still await an answer.
Kendra looks both relieved and dubious.
Kendra stares back at him for a moment, trying to hold back her laughter. She fails, laughing gleefully.
Kendra watches him again for a moment.
Kendra waves down a passing server and indicates the need for two more drinks of whatever it was that Thad had. The server nods politely and moves off.
Kendra appears genuinely surprised.
Kendra frowns slightly. Their drinks arrive and she pulls hers closer in silence.
After a moment, Thad lifts his glass and faces her, giving her a playful grin.
Kendra nearly spills her drink as she starts to laugh. Thad smiles at her as he takes a drink.
Thad flings his arms out in an overly dramatic gesture.
DISSOLVE TO:
Thad is seated at a table alone, drinking something out of a medium-sized glass. He looks around the club with mild interest, but his thoughts are obviously elsewhere.
From behind comes a female figure clad in something dark and stylish. As she comes closer, it becomes clear that it is Kendra. Her face brightens as she notices Thad. She seats herself across from him with waiting for an invitation.
KENDRA
Do I know you?
Do I know you?
Kendra reaches for Thad's drink, sniffs at it, and then takes a healthy swallow.
KENDRA (CONT'D)
Where've you been? Busy with work and stuff?
THAD
(nods)
And stuff.
KENDRA
(with a semi-playful, semi-serious smile)
New girl, huh?
Where've you been? Busy with work and stuff?
THAD
(nods)
And stuff.
KENDRA
(with a semi-playful, semi-serious smile)
New girl, huh?
Thad seems to finally focus on her presence. His eyes notice her outfit and he smiles approvingly. Kendra smiles back, but her eyes still await an answer.
THAD
(sly smile)
Four of them, actually.
(sly smile)
Four of them, actually.
Kendra looks both relieved and dubious.
KENDRA
Uh huh.
THAD
It's true. (smiles, meeting her eyes) And one of them's even an alien from the future. Totally hot.
Uh huh.
THAD
It's true. (smiles, meeting her eyes) And one of them's even an alien from the future. Totally hot.
Kendra stares back at him for a moment, trying to hold back her laughter. She fails, laughing gleefully.
KENDRA
(points to Thad's glass)
I don't know what’s in there, but I want a double.
THAD
(grins)
That is a double.
(points to Thad's glass)
I don't know what’s in there, but I want a double.
THAD
(grins)
That is a double.
Kendra watches him again for a moment.
KENDRA
(with mock seriousness)
You're just a little strange at times, Thad Raynes. (smiles) I like that in a man.
(with mock seriousness)
You're just a little strange at times, Thad Raynes. (smiles) I like that in a man.
Kendra waves down a passing server and indicates the need for two more drinks of whatever it was that Thad had. The server nods politely and moves off.
KENDRA (CONT'D)
So . . . where have you been?
THAD
(shrugs)
Busy. Trying to keep my brother out of trouble.
KENDRA
I thought he was the older one.
THAD
(nods)
He is. (beat) He did some time. It gets to him sometimes.
KENDRA
(frowns)
He did time? In prison?
So . . . where have you been?
THAD
(shrugs)
Busy. Trying to keep my brother out of trouble.
KENDRA
I thought he was the older one.
THAD
(nods)
He is. (beat) He did some time. It gets to him sometimes.
KENDRA
(frowns)
He did time? In prison?
Kendra appears genuinely surprised.
THAD
Huh? (beat) No. In the military. (gives a weak laugh) Pretty close to the same, though, in my opinion.
KENDRA
(mildly puzzled)
But he volunteered for it, didn't he?
THAD
(nods)
Yeah.
KENDRA
(seriously)
I'm sure he had a good reason.
THAD
If he did, he's never really explained them to me.
Huh? (beat) No. In the military. (gives a weak laugh) Pretty close to the same, though, in my opinion.
KENDRA
(mildly puzzled)
But he volunteered for it, didn't he?
THAD
(nods)
Yeah.
KENDRA
(seriously)
I'm sure he had a good reason.
THAD
If he did, he's never really explained them to me.
Kendra frowns slightly. Their drinks arrive and she pulls hers closer in silence.
After a moment, Thad lifts his glass and faces her, giving her a playful grin.
THAD (CONT'D)
Of course, there are some things, like my incredible hotness, that cannot be explained.
Of course, there are some things, like my incredible hotness, that cannot be explained.
Kendra nearly spills her drink as she starts to laugh. Thad smiles at her as he takes a drink.
KENDRA
Maybe it’s something we need to explore.
THAD
Looking for uncharted territory?
KENDRA
(smiles slyly)
I doubt I'll find any, but it might be fun to try.
Maybe it’s something we need to explore.
THAD
Looking for uncharted territory?
KENDRA
(smiles slyly)
I doubt I'll find any, but it might be fun to try.
Thad flings his arms out in an overly dramatic gesture.
THAD
Take me! I'm yours!
KENDRA
(smiles, and somewhat quieter)
Not yet you're not.
Take me! I'm yours!
KENDRA
(smiles, and somewhat quieter)
Not yet you're not.
DISSOLVE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment