SCOTT'S BEDROOM – NIGHT
The room is dimly lit.
Scott and Devereux are in bed. They are snuggled close together. Each appears lost in their own thoughts.
There is a long silence before anyone speaks.
Scott stares at her, unable to speak.
Devereux stares back at Scott. It is not clear whether she wants to cling to him or flee. Scott waits, swallowing hard.
Devereux reaches for Scott, almost desperately. She kisses him forcefully, purposefully. It takes only a moment before Scott returns in kind.
DISSOLVE TO:
The room is dimly lit.
Scott and Devereux are in bed. They are snuggled close together. Each appears lost in their own thoughts.
There is a long silence before anyone speaks.
SCOTT
(quietly)
I guess you can go home now . . .
DEVEREUX
(somewhat flatly)
Yes.
SCOTT
I wish I could go too. But I know the reasons why.
DEVEREUX
It's not possible.
SCOTT
Yeah, I know.
DEVEREUX
(choked)
Scott . . .
(quietly)
I guess you can go home now . . .
DEVEREUX
(somewhat flatly)
Yes.
SCOTT
I wish I could go too. But I know the reasons why.
DEVEREUX
It's not possible.
SCOTT
Yeah, I know.
DEVEREUX
(choked)
Scott . . .
Scott stares at her, unable to speak.
DEVEREUX (CONT'D)
(whispers)
In a few days . . .
(whispers)
In a few days . . .
Devereux stares back at Scott. It is not clear whether she wants to cling to him or flee. Scott waits, swallowing hard.
SCOTT
We have now . . .
DEVEREUX
(nods slowly)
We have now.
We have now . . .
DEVEREUX
(nods slowly)
We have now.
Devereux reaches for Scott, almost desperately. She kisses him forcefully, purposefully. It takes only a moment before Scott returns in kind.
DISSOLVE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment