INT. RAYNES KITCHEN - MORNING – THE PRESENT
Establishing shot of a rather ordinary-looking suburban kitchen. Things are tidy, but not obsessively so. The house looks lived-in, but like someone makes an attempt to keep some order.
The camera pans toward one side of the kitchen.
The camera moves to a close shot of Scott talking to someone on the telephone.
Medium shot of Thad standing in the doorway. He is grinning.
Scott glares at his brother.
Thad walks in, opens the refrigerator and starts rummaging through it.
He waits while Thad closes the door. Thad is munching on something he found inside.
Thad grins, darting ahead of Scott for the doorway.
CUT TO:
Establishing shot of a rather ordinary-looking suburban kitchen. Things are tidy, but not obsessively so. The house looks lived-in, but like someone makes an attempt to keep some order.
The camera pans toward one side of the kitchen.
SCOTT (V.O.)
Yes, sir, I'll give him the message.
Yes, sir, I'll give him the message.
The camera moves to a close shot of Scott talking to someone on the telephone.
SCOTT (CONT'D)
Yes, sir. (sighs, ends the call, and then looks toward the ceiling, mumbling) I’m going to kill him.
Yes, sir. (sighs, ends the call, and then looks toward the ceiling, mumbling) I’m going to kill him.
Medium shot of Thad standing in the doorway. He is grinning.
THAD
(cheerily)
Hey, bro! (sees phone in Scott's hand) Another rejection?
(cheerily)
Hey, bro! (sees phone in Scott's hand) Another rejection?
Scott glares at his brother.
SCOTT
(annoyed and slightly angry)
That was Mr. Gerard. The name ring a bell?
(annoyed and slightly angry)
That was Mr. Gerard. The name ring a bell?
Thad walks in, opens the refrigerator and starts rummaging through it.
THAD
(muffled by door)
No. Should it?
SCOTT
He knows you, bro.
(muffled by door)
No. Should it?
SCOTT
He knows you, bro.
He waits while Thad closes the door. Thad is munching on something he found inside.
SCOTT (CONT'D)
(prompting)
Daughter named Melinda . . .
THAD
(looks thoughtful, shakes head, and then remembers)
Oh. Melinda! (grins)
SCOTT
(waits)
Uh huh.
THAD
(grinning)
You don't want to know. (grin widens) Trust me.
SCOTT
(serious)
Sounds like her father already does.
THAD
(more curious than alarmed)
She was pretty drunk . . .
Scott sighs and looks away, not really annoyed or disgusted.
SCOTT
I'm going down to the lab.
THAD
(cheerily)
I'll follow you. Maybe there's something new we can blow up today.
(prompting)
Daughter named Melinda . . .
THAD
(looks thoughtful, shakes head, and then remembers)
Oh. Melinda! (grins)
SCOTT
(waits)
Uh huh.
THAD
(grinning)
You don't want to know. (grin widens) Trust me.
SCOTT
(serious)
Sounds like her father already does.
THAD
(more curious than alarmed)
She was pretty drunk . . .
Scott sighs and looks away, not really annoyed or disgusted.
SCOTT
I'm going down to the lab.
THAD
(cheerily)
I'll follow you. Maybe there's something new we can blow up today.
Thad grins, darting ahead of Scott for the doorway.
CUT TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment