INT. RAYNES KITCHEN – LATE MORNING
Wide shot of the kitchen area.
Thad is seated at the table, a newspaper open in front of him, eating in a less than fully civilized manner. He is still dressed in his sleepwear, having apparently arisen not long before.
Scott enters. He is dressed in a nicely tailored suit and tie. He is carrying a briefcase which he drops on the table at the end opposite Thad.
Thad looks up, more curious than startled or angry.
Thad returns to his breakfast and the newspaper.
Thad starts to eat again and then stops.
Scott turns leaves the room quickly. We are not sure if we caught the quick hint of a smile on his face or not.
Thad laughs, shaking his head. He looks away from where Scott headed down the hallway, but his eyes stop on the briefcase. His smile fades and then he looks back toward where Scott was.
CUT TO:
Wide shot of the kitchen area.
Thad is seated at the table, a newspaper open in front of him, eating in a less than fully civilized manner. He is still dressed in his sleepwear, having apparently arisen not long before.
Scott enters. He is dressed in a nicely tailored suit and tie. He is carrying a briefcase which he drops on the table at the end opposite Thad.
Thad looks up, more curious than startled or angry.
THAD
Another parking ticket?
SCOTT
(glares, coldly)
Where were you?
THAD
(smiles disarmingly)
You didn't need me for a parking ticket.
SCOTT
(firmly)
Today is Wednesday . . . the tenth.
THAD
(shrugs)
If you say so.
Another parking ticket?
SCOTT
(glares, coldly)
Where were you?
THAD
(smiles disarmingly)
You didn't need me for a parking ticket.
SCOTT
(firmly)
Today is Wednesday . . . the tenth.
THAD
(shrugs)
If you say so.
Thad returns to his breakfast and the newspaper.
SCOTT
(coolly)
Mr. Tascadero asked about you.
THAD
(smiles)
Oh? How is he? (smile fades with mock curiosity) Did he get a parking ticket to?
SCOTT
No. (beat) He and the other investors wondered where you were.
THAD
Asleep.
(coolly)
Mr. Tascadero asked about you.
THAD
(smiles)
Oh? How is he? (smile fades with mock curiosity) Did he get a parking ticket to?
SCOTT
No. (beat) He and the other investors wondered where you were.
THAD
Asleep.
Thad starts to eat again and then stops.
THAD (CONT'D)
(chagrined)
Was that today?
SCOTT
(icily)
Yes. (beat) The presentation went very well, thank you.
THAD
So they're going to give us the money?
SCOTT
(sighs)
I don't know. (looks at Thad) They really wanted to hear from both of us.
THAD
(sincerely)
I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean to blow it off.
SCOTT
(quietly)
I know. (beat) I'm going to change. (sighs) And then I guess I'll go see if Lady Providence will let us float the rent a few days.
THAD
(perks up)
I'll do it. (grins) I know she can't withstand my manly charms.
SCOTT
(tries not to smile)
No. I'll do it. (beat) Besides she only gives in so you'll go away.
(chagrined)
Was that today?
SCOTT
(icily)
Yes. (beat) The presentation went very well, thank you.
THAD
So they're going to give us the money?
SCOTT
(sighs)
I don't know. (looks at Thad) They really wanted to hear from both of us.
THAD
(sincerely)
I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean to blow it off.
SCOTT
(quietly)
I know. (beat) I'm going to change. (sighs) And then I guess I'll go see if Lady Providence will let us float the rent a few days.
THAD
(perks up)
I'll do it. (grins) I know she can't withstand my manly charms.
SCOTT
(tries not to smile)
No. I'll do it. (beat) Besides she only gives in so you'll go away.
Scott turns leaves the room quickly. We are not sure if we caught the quick hint of a smile on his face or not.
Thad laughs, shaking his head. He looks away from where Scott headed down the hallway, but his eyes stop on the briefcase. His smile fades and then he looks back toward where Scott was.
CUT TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment