Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Pilot": 05-29-08

INT. APARTMENT – DAY

Devereux stands near Hope. She is more puzzled than angry.

DEVEREUX
What was that all about, Hope?

HOPE
She can be trusted.

ELIZABETH
How do you know?

HOPE
(looks at Elizabeth)
I know.

Devereux walks slowly around the apartment, surveying it.

DEVEREUX
Well, she's . . . different. If she told anyone that she's renting to a bunch of time travelers from the future, she probably won't be believed.

ELIZABETH
(amused)
It probably won't be the first time she said something like that either.

Hope looks at each of them in term. Devereux notices this.

DEVEREUX
Is there a problem, Hope?

HOPE
I do not know.

DEVEREUX
I thought you said we could trust her?

HOPE
We can.

DEVEREUX
Then what's the issue?

HOPE
Her perceptions are . . . unusual.

DEVEREUX
Is she dangerous?

HOPE
Not in the sense you mean.

DEVEREUX
(frowns, concerned)
Then how?

HOPE
I am uncertain. Further analysis is required.

ELIZABETH
Are you sure that's wise?

HOPE
Perhaps.

Elizabeth rolls her eyes slightly and sighs. She looks toward Devereux.

Devereux is watching Hope. Her expression carries a worried frown.

DEVEREUX
You know I don't like it when you get mysterious on me.

Hope regards her stoically.

HOPE
Yes.

Devereux shakes her head, done with the conversation for the moment.

DEVEREUX
Well, we might as well start unpacking.

Devereux opens the tote bag and reaches inside.

DISSOLVE TO:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger