INT. RAYNES COMMON ROOM – AFTERNOON
Scott is reclining on the couch, watching something we cannot see on television, snacking slowly on something from a large bowl. He appears intent, but relaxed, caught up in the story.
Thad enters, notices Scott, and comes over to sit on the edge of the couch in front of him. He reaches in and helps himself to handful of whatever is in the bowl. He eats it somewhat quietly, watching the screen as well. He is not as engrossed as Scott, but interested.
Scott points the remote at the television. He glares at Thad.
Thad laughs and rises from the couch. Scott checks the bowl, scowls slightly, and pantomimes throwing the bowl at Thad.
Thad exits down the hallway. Scott waits a moment and then points the remote at the screen again. He seems less relaxed than before, his attention much less intense.
Pull back to wider shot showing Scott alone in the room.
FADE TO:
Scott is reclining on the couch, watching something we cannot see on television, snacking slowly on something from a large bowl. He appears intent, but relaxed, caught up in the story.
Thad enters, notices Scott, and comes over to sit on the edge of the couch in front of him. He reaches in and helps himself to handful of whatever is in the bowl. He eats it somewhat quietly, watching the screen as well. He is not as engrossed as Scott, but interested.
THAD
(quietly)
I figured you might be down in the lab. You know, fixing stuff.
SCOTT
I'm relaxing.
THAD
I figured. You always watch this stuff when you're stressed out.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
You hit on girls, I watch this.
THAD
You really need a life, bro. (munches) That Allison chick the other night, for example. She was pretty hot.
SCOTT
She only wanted to see if I was going to try to get her into bed.
THAD
(grins playfully)
You say it that it's a bad thing.
(quietly)
I figured you might be down in the lab. You know, fixing stuff.
SCOTT
I'm relaxing.
THAD
I figured. You always watch this stuff when you're stressed out.
SCOTT
(shrugs)
You hit on girls, I watch this.
THAD
You really need a life, bro. (munches) That Allison chick the other night, for example. She was pretty hot.
SCOTT
She only wanted to see if I was going to try to get her into bed.
THAD
(grins playfully)
You say it that it's a bad thing.
Scott points the remote at the television. He glares at Thad.
THAD
(shrugs, still smiling)
It's not like it would hurt you either.
SCOTT
(curiously exasperated)
Don't you ever get tired of it?
THAD
(vaguely thoughtful)
Maybe someday. (smiles) But else will I know how I might be compatible with?
SCOTT
There's more to a relationship than sex.
THAD
Sure there is. (beat) (shrugs) But you've got to start somewhere.
SCOTT
I guess.
THAD
Well you're sure not going to get anywhere laying around here watching this stuff. You need to boldly go out there on your own.
SCOTT
Maybe later. (beat) You going to let me finish watching this or not?
THAD
Sure. (beat) Besides, you're out of popcorn.
(shrugs, still smiling)
It's not like it would hurt you either.
SCOTT
(curiously exasperated)
Don't you ever get tired of it?
THAD
(vaguely thoughtful)
Maybe someday. (smiles) But else will I know how I might be compatible with?
SCOTT
There's more to a relationship than sex.
THAD
Sure there is. (beat) (shrugs) But you've got to start somewhere.
SCOTT
I guess.
THAD
Well you're sure not going to get anywhere laying around here watching this stuff. You need to boldly go out there on your own.
SCOTT
Maybe later. (beat) You going to let me finish watching this or not?
THAD
Sure. (beat) Besides, you're out of popcorn.
Thad laughs and rises from the couch. Scott checks the bowl, scowls slightly, and pantomimes throwing the bowl at Thad.
SCOTT
You going out later?
THAD
Yeah, I was planning to. (beat) I was thinking that club from the other night. Maybe that Kendra/Kit girl will be there again. (smiles) Good dancer.
SCOTT
Turned you down, huh?
THAD
(thoughtful)
You know, somehow I never got around to asking her. (grins) All the more reason to hope she's there again tonight. (beat) Going to come with me?
SCOTT
We'll see.
THAD
(grins)
I'll take that as a "yes". (beat) I'm planning to head out around seven.
SCOTT
Okay. (beat) Can I finish now?
THAD
Sure. (beat) Seven.
SCOTT
(resignedly)
Seven.
You going out later?
THAD
Yeah, I was planning to. (beat) I was thinking that club from the other night. Maybe that Kendra/Kit girl will be there again. (smiles) Good dancer.
SCOTT
Turned you down, huh?
THAD
(thoughtful)
You know, somehow I never got around to asking her. (grins) All the more reason to hope she's there again tonight. (beat) Going to come with me?
SCOTT
We'll see.
THAD
(grins)
I'll take that as a "yes". (beat) I'm planning to head out around seven.
SCOTT
Okay. (beat) Can I finish now?
THAD
Sure. (beat) Seven.
SCOTT
(resignedly)
Seven.
Thad exits down the hallway. Scott waits a moment and then points the remote at the screen again. He seems less relaxed than before, his attention much less intense.
Pull back to wider shot showing Scott alone in the room.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment