INT. CONFERENCE ROOM
Medium shot of conference room. The angle shows Devereux in the center of the shot that moves slightly to the left. She leans forward slightly.
Devereux looks at each of the crewmembers in turn.
Devereux studies Hawkes for a moment. She turned toward Rusty.
Reaction shot of Rusty scowling with disapproval.
Rusty scowl deepens.
Medium shot of her catching a glance from Hawkes.
Hawke's expression betrays nothing of his opinion on her decision.
Rusty's expression openly conveys his surprise and resentment.
Elizabeth is grinning, and then does a poor job of completely hiding her delight as she realizes that there were several pairs of eyes are watching her.
Devereux fights back a smile.
There is general headshaking and murmured responses of "No, ma'am".
FADE TO:
Medium shot of conference room. The angle shows Devereux in the center of the shot that moves slightly to the left. She leans forward slightly.
DEVEREUX
I'll be leading the mission. (watches the eyes of those seated around the table) Along with an engineer, our historian, and medical officer.
I'll be leading the mission. (watches the eyes of those seated around the table) Along with an engineer, our historian, and medical officer.
Devereux looks at each of the crewmembers in turn.
HAWKES
Are you sure that's wise, Captain?
Are you sure that's wise, Captain?
Devereux studies Hawkes for a moment. She turned toward Rusty.
Reaction shot of Rusty scowling with disapproval.
DEVEREUX
Yes. If anything happens to any of us, I want my Medical Officer there, not hours away by shuttle. (beat) And her training in other sciences will probably be useful as well.
RUSTY
(with a slight air of mockery)
What if something happens to someone here?
HOPE
Ensign Ramsey is capable.
Yes. If anything happens to any of us, I want my Medical Officer there, not hours away by shuttle. (beat) And her training in other sciences will probably be useful as well.
RUSTY
(with a slight air of mockery)
What if something happens to someone here?
HOPE
Ensign Ramsey is capable.
Rusty scowl deepens.
DEVEREUX
And we'll be in constant contact if you need us.
And we'll be in constant contact if you need us.
Medium shot of her catching a glance from Hawkes.
DEVEREUX (CONT'D)
Yes, I know that extraterrestrial contact had not been established in this era. (slight smile) We'll be very careful.
Yes, I know that extraterrestrial contact had not been established in this era. (slight smile) We'll be very careful.
Hawke's expression betrays nothing of his opinion on her decision.
RUSTY
Well, it sounds like you've made up your mind. (starts to rise) I'd better get packing.
DEVEREUX
(shakes head slightly)
Not you, Chief.
Well, it sounds like you've made up your mind. (starts to rise) I'd better get packing.
DEVEREUX
(shakes head slightly)
Not you, Chief.
Rusty's expression openly conveys his surprise and resentment.
DEVEREUX
You're on restricted duty and I need you here to supervise repairs. (looks toward Elizabeth) Elizabeth will be going for your section.
You're on restricted duty and I need you here to supervise repairs. (looks toward Elizabeth) Elizabeth will be going for your section.
Elizabeth is grinning, and then does a poor job of completely hiding her delight as she realizes that there were several pairs of eyes are watching her.
Devereux fights back a smile.
DEVEREUX
Lieutenant Hawkes will be in command in my absence. (looks around the table) Any other questions?
Lieutenant Hawkes will be in command in my absence. (looks around the table) Any other questions?
There is general headshaking and murmured responses of "No, ma'am".
DEVEREUX (CONT'D)
Very good. Be prepared to depart at eleven hundred hours. (looks once around the table) Dismissed.
Very good. Be prepared to depart at eleven hundred hours. (looks once around the table) Dismissed.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment