INT. SHUTTLE AIRLOCK
Medium shot of the shuttle airlock, showing two crewmembers inside completing an inspection. Rusty supervises them, acting casual, but actually paying keen attention to their actions.
Devereux stands outside the hatch with Hawkes. If there were talking, they are interrupted as Elizabeth and Hope enter the scene. They are carrying several crates of supplies and assorted other smaller items.
Rusty looks like he is able to add something more and then ducks partially inside the hatch to speak quietly to one of the technicians. He points to something on the status display and then toward the rear of the shuttle.
Elizabeth starts passing crates to one of the crewmembers, who carries it inside the shuttle.
Devereux looks down at the two small crates at Hope's feet. She then looks at Hope questioningly.
One of the crewmembers steps forward and stops in front of Hope, looking down toward the two crates.
Hope nods once, watching as the crewmember lifts the crates with some effort and carries them into the shuttle. A few moments later, the crewmember appears at the hatch and steps out.
The other crewmember exits the shuttle. Rusty appears in the hatchway.
Rusty laughs, winking at Devereux as he climbs lightly out of the shuttle.
Hope regards him without comment.
Rusty makes some vague noise that might be a retort, but we cannot hear what he says.
Devereux turns to Hawkes with a sincere smile.
Devereux gives a soft chuckle, pausing while Hawkes gives her an official salute. She returns it, although not with nearly the same precision.
Devereux enters the shuttle while the hatch is closed behind her. She checks the status from the inside and then, nodding with satisfaction, heads into the cockpit section.
Medium shot of the shuttle airlock, showing two crewmembers inside completing an inspection. Rusty supervises them, acting casual, but actually paying keen attention to their actions.
Devereux stands outside the hatch with Hawkes. If there were talking, they are interrupted as Elizabeth and Hope enter the scene. They are carrying several crates of supplies and assorted other smaller items.
RUSTY
(amused)
Women never do know how to pack light.
ELIZABETH
(shoots him a mildly annoyed glance)
We don't know how long we might be down there. It's not like we can just call up for more supplies.
RUSTY
(grinning mischievously)
Why? I'd be happy to bring 'em down.
DEVEREUX
(chuckling)
No, you won't.
(amused)
Women never do know how to pack light.
ELIZABETH
(shoots him a mildly annoyed glance)
We don't know how long we might be down there. It's not like we can just call up for more supplies.
RUSTY
(grinning mischievously)
Why? I'd be happy to bring 'em down.
DEVEREUX
(chuckling)
No, you won't.
Rusty looks like he is able to add something more and then ducks partially inside the hatch to speak quietly to one of the technicians. He points to something on the status display and then toward the rear of the shuttle.
Elizabeth starts passing crates to one of the crewmembers, who carries it inside the shuttle.
Devereux looks down at the two small crates at Hope's feet. She then looks at Hope questioningly.
DEVEREUX (CONT'D)
(mildly concerned)
Are you sure that's enough?
HOPE
I require few possessions.
DEVEREUX
(eyes crates)
Very few.
(mildly concerned)
Are you sure that's enough?
HOPE
I require few possessions.
DEVEREUX
(eyes crates)
Very few.
One of the crewmembers steps forward and stops in front of Hope, looking down toward the two crates.
CREWMEMBER #3
May I?
May I?
Hope nods once, watching as the crewmember lifts the crates with some effort and carries them into the shuttle. A few moments later, the crewmember appears at the hatch and steps out.
The other crewmember exits the shuttle. Rusty appears in the hatchway.
RUSTY
All set, Captain. Cargo secured and you're all fueled up. (leans forward and adds more quietly) There's spare fuel, but no joyriding.
All set, Captain. Cargo secured and you're all fueled up. (leans forward and adds more quietly) There's spare fuel, but no joyriding.
Rusty laughs, winking at Devereux as he climbs lightly out of the shuttle.
DEVEREUX
(shakes head, smiles)
You're obviously better.
RUSTY
(grins at Hope)
Thanks to the doc, here. Real healing hands.
(shakes head, smiles)
You're obviously better.
RUSTY
(grins at Hope)
Thanks to the doc, here. Real healing hands.
Hope regards him without comment.
RUSTY (CONT'D)
(half-seriously)
You sure I can't go? I don't take up much space.
DEVEREUX
(chuckling)
After you finish your chores . . . like repairing the slipstream core.
RUSTY
(mock petulance)
You're no fun.
DEVEREUX
(smiling slightly)
No. I'm the Captain.
(half-seriously)
You sure I can't go? I don't take up much space.
DEVEREUX
(chuckling)
After you finish your chores . . . like repairing the slipstream core.
RUSTY
(mock petulance)
You're no fun.
DEVEREUX
(smiling slightly)
No. I'm the Captain.
Rusty makes some vague noise that might be a retort, but we cannot hear what he says.
Devereux turns to Hawkes with a sincere smile.
DEVEREUX
Take care of my ship until I get back, Lieutenant.
HAWKES
(without visible reaction)
Yes, Captain.
Take care of my ship until I get back, Lieutenant.
HAWKES
(without visible reaction)
Yes, Captain.
Devereux gives a soft chuckle, pausing while Hawkes gives her an official salute. She returns it, although not with nearly the same precision.
Devereux enters the shuttle while the hatch is closed behind her. She checks the status from the inside and then, nodding with satisfaction, heads into the cockpit section.
0 comments:
Post a Comment