INT. DEVEREUX'S OFFICE
Medium shot of the office. Devereux is at her desk working.
A chime sounds.
Devereux looks up, toward the hatch.
The hatch opens and Hope enters carrying a data tablet. She offers it to Devereux.
Devereux glances at it.
Devereux chuckles softly.
Devereux studies Hope for a moment.
Devereux responds quick, reassuring smile.
Hope still appears uncertain.
Devereux watches Hope as she exits and closes the hatch behind her.
Reaction shot of Devereux.
FADE TO:
Medium shot of the office. Devereux is at her desk working.
A chime sounds.
Devereux looks up, toward the hatch.
DEVEREUX
Come in.
Come in.
The hatch opens and Hope enters carrying a data tablet. She offers it to Devereux.
HOPE
Official casualty reports.
Official casualty reports.
Devereux glances at it.
DEVEREUX
Anything serious?
HOPE
No. Minor injuries only.
DEVEREUX
What about Rusty?
HOPE
Muscular injury only. Restricted duty is recommended.
DEVEREUX
For how long?
HOPE
Fifty hours.
DEVEREUX
(nods with a faint smile)
I'm sure he was pleased.
HOPE
He was not.
Anything serious?
HOPE
No. Minor injuries only.
DEVEREUX
What about Rusty?
HOPE
Muscular injury only. Restricted duty is recommended.
DEVEREUX
For how long?
HOPE
Fifty hours.
DEVEREUX
(nods with a faint smile)
I'm sure he was pleased.
HOPE
He was not.
Devereux chuckles softly.
DEVEREUX
(thoughtfully)
You know, I can't recall him ever even stubbing his toes since he's been on board.
HOPE
His medical records are unusually brief.
(thoughtfully)
You know, I can't recall him ever even stubbing his toes since he's been on board.
HOPE
His medical records are unusually brief.
Devereux studies Hope for a moment.
DEVEREUX
You could have just sent this. (nods toward her terminal)
HOPE
Yes.
DEVEREUX
(easily)
What's on your mind?
HOPE
Concerns for your mission.
DEVEREUX
You're worried something might go wrong.
HOPE
A possibility.
DEVEREUX
(nods with understanding)
One with possibly catastrophic effects if something does. (smiles at Hope) It's my job to make sure nothing does.
HOPE
I am concerned for you.
DEVEREUX
(surprised)
For me?
HOPE
Yes.
You could have just sent this. (nods toward her terminal)
HOPE
Yes.
DEVEREUX
(easily)
What's on your mind?
HOPE
Concerns for your mission.
DEVEREUX
You're worried something might go wrong.
HOPE
A possibility.
DEVEREUX
(nods with understanding)
One with possibly catastrophic effects if something does. (smiles at Hope) It's my job to make sure nothing does.
HOPE
I am concerned for you.
DEVEREUX
(surprised)
For me?
HOPE
Yes.
Devereux responds quick, reassuring smile.
DEVEREUX
I've been in worse situations, Hope. You know that.
HOPE
Yes. But this one is . . . unique.
DEVEREUX
(small chuckle)
I can't argue with that. (small laugh) I'll make sure to be particularly careful, okay?
I've been in worse situations, Hope. You know that.
HOPE
Yes. But this one is . . . unique.
DEVEREUX
(small chuckle)
I can't argue with that. (small laugh) I'll make sure to be particularly careful, okay?
Hope still appears uncertain.
DEVEREUX (CONT'D)
(frowns)
Do you know something?
HOPE
My people are not clairvoyant.
DEVEREUX
(weak laugh)
Just checking. (beat) I'll be careful, Hope. I promise.
HOPE
Accepted.
(frowns)
Do you know something?
HOPE
My people are not clairvoyant.
DEVEREUX
(weak laugh)
Just checking. (beat) I'll be careful, Hope. I promise.
HOPE
Accepted.
Devereux watches Hope as she exits and closes the hatch behind her.
Reaction shot of Devereux.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment