INT. RAYNES LAB – DAY
Medium shot of lab.
Thad is standing, leaning over a table littered with paper. He is deep in concentration. He writes something down, reaches over to check another sheet, and then writes something.
The camera moves closer on Thad as he continues working. We hear the door open. Thad pauses for a moment, but does not look away.
Scott steps into the shot. He picks up one of the sheets of paper and studies it.
Scott looks down at the sheet of paper in his hand. Thad catches his expression.
Scott tosses something at Thad. Thad catches it easily, revealing it to be a rolled up stocking.
Thad laughs.
Scott sits down and reaches for the small bowl of snacks Thad had nearby.
Scott makes a noncommittal noise.
Scott looks down at the papers again.
Scott gives Thad a weak smile.
FADE TO:
Medium shot of lab.
Thad is standing, leaning over a table littered with paper. He is deep in concentration. He writes something down, reaches over to check another sheet, and then writes something.
The camera moves closer on Thad as he continues working. We hear the door open. Thad pauses for a moment, but does not look away.
SCOTT (V.O.)
What are you doing, bro?
What are you doing, bro?
Scott steps into the shot. He picks up one of the sheets of paper and studies it.
SCOTT (CONT'D)
I haven't seen you work like this since that Linear Algebra class you skipped all semester.
THAD
(looks up, smiles)
I passed it, didn't I?
SCOTT
Yeah. (laughs quietly) And still managed to blow the curve.
THAD
(grins)
Yeah, I did, didn't I?
I haven't seen you work like this since that Linear Algebra class you skipped all semester.
THAD
(looks up, smiles)
I passed it, didn't I?
SCOTT
Yeah. (laughs quietly) And still managed to blow the curve.
THAD
(grins)
Yeah, I did, didn't I?
Scott looks down at the sheet of paper in his hand. Thad catches his expression.
THAD (CONT'D)
I have an idea to solve that overload problem we've been having . . .
SCOTT
(interested)
Oh?
THAD
(nods)
Yeah. (grins) I had it last night after . . . well . . . after . . .
SCOTT
(mock seriousness)
That explains this then.
I have an idea to solve that overload problem we've been having . . .
SCOTT
(interested)
Oh?
THAD
(nods)
Yeah. (grins) I had it last night after . . . well . . . after . . .
SCOTT
(mock seriousness)
That explains this then.
Scott tosses something at Thad. Thad catches it easily, revealing it to be a rolled up stocking.
THAD
(smiling)
She wondered where that was.
SCOTT
I didn't think it was your usual color.
(smiling)
She wondered where that was.
SCOTT
I didn't think it was your usual color.
Thad laughs.
Scott sits down and reaches for the small bowl of snacks Thad had nearby.
SCOTT (CONT'D)
Kendra . . . Kit . . . whatever her name was?
THAD
(shakes head, a bit sadly)
No, she wasn't there. This was . . . (beat) Sandra.
Kendra . . . Kit . . . whatever her name was?
THAD
(shakes head, a bit sadly)
No, she wasn't there. This was . . . (beat) Sandra.
Scott makes a noncommittal noise.
THAD (CONT'D)
You talk to Lady P yet?
SCOTT
(shakes head)
Kind of.
THAD
Kind of?
SCOTT
She was busy with something. New tenants, I think. She asked me to come by for tea.
THAD
(snickers)
Sounds lovely.
SCOTT
I'll bring you a crumpet.
THAD
Good. You know I hate cucumber sandwiches.
You talk to Lady P yet?
SCOTT
(shakes head)
Kind of.
THAD
Kind of?
SCOTT
She was busy with something. New tenants, I think. She asked me to come by for tea.
THAD
(snickers)
Sounds lovely.
SCOTT
I'll bring you a crumpet.
THAD
Good. You know I hate cucumber sandwiches.
Scott looks down at the papers again.
SCOTT
You think will work?
THAD
It should. (frowns) But I can't quite figure out why we're getting some of these other variances. There's nothing in the specs that should be causing them.
SCOTT
An aggregate effect of some kind?
THAD
Maybe. (shrugs) I don't think they're critical to fix right now, but they're damned weird.
SCOTT
How long before you think we can try it out?
THAD
(looks down at his paper)
Couple of hours? I'm still working through some of the equations. (smiles at Scott) Plenty of time for you to have teatime with Lady P.
You think will work?
THAD
It should. (frowns) But I can't quite figure out why we're getting some of these other variances. There's nothing in the specs that should be causing them.
SCOTT
An aggregate effect of some kind?
THAD
Maybe. (shrugs) I don't think they're critical to fix right now, but they're damned weird.
SCOTT
How long before you think we can try it out?
THAD
(looks down at his paper)
Couple of hours? I'm still working through some of the equations. (smiles at Scott) Plenty of time for you to have teatime with Lady P.
Scott gives Thad a weak smile.
FADE TO:
0 comments:
Post a Comment